Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Art and Nature

This afternoon Hersh painted.  First he mixed colors and told me, "I'm making mint...ooohh look Ima, it's indigo."  I have to admit, I LOVE that my 4 year old makes the colors mint and indigo.  Then he proceeded to tell me he is a "beautiful artist" and painted pictures of the "green grass and summer sun."  He is planning to bring one of the paintings into camp tomorrow so that it can be hung on the wall.
In Alte news, we've been reading a book with pictures of animals before her morning nap.  This evening Jacob read it to her before bedtime and apparently when they turned to the gorilla page she said, "ooo--ooo" just like the gorilla!  I'm not entirely sure she was making the gorilla noise, as she makes that noise independently sometimes, but Jacob is sure it was an intentional noise.  Also, everywhere we go Alte smiles at people and makes lots of friends.  Tonight at dinner someone asked me, "is she always that happy?"  ANd how wonderful that we can say yes.
After dinner we went on walked on the rocks in La Jolla.  Lots of cool sea life to see--anenome, lots of different kinds of crabs, mussels, and lots of other treasures.  The ocean is an amazing place.















No comments:

Post a Comment